(in no particular order)
Women’s Smackdown Championship: Sasha Banks (Champion) vs Carmella:
Prediction: Sasha Banks
Winner: Sasha Banks
Intercontinental Championship: Big E (Champion) vs. Sami Zayn –
Predictions: Crews gets involved, costs Big E the match
Winner: Sami Zayn
Winner: Big E
I was a little surprised by this result, in that I thought an Apollo Crews (as a heel) – Big E feud would emerge from this match. It still might happen on Smackdown tonight.
United States Championship: Bobby Lashley (C) vs. Riddle –
Predicted Winner: Riddle
Glad I missed this one. I don’t mind Riddle but I want to see Lashley defend that title at WrestleMania… or be in the Universal Title picture.
Women’s Tag Team Championship: Asuka and Charlotte (C) vs. Nia Jaxx and Shayna Bazler
Predictions – Winners: Asuka and Charlotte; Charlotte turns on Asuka, demands Title Match at WrestleMania, the following night on Raw
Winners: Jaxx and Bazler
Lacey Evans and Ric Flair’s interference cost Asuka and Charlotte the Tag Team Titles. This is not a bad thing; it frees Asuka up to defend her Raw Women’s Title more, while Charlotte and Evans can continue their weird feud.
Women’s Royal Rumble
- 1st Eliminated: Billie Kay
- Becky Lynch shows up! Lynch did not show up
- Surprise Entries: Rhea Ripley, Mercedes Martinez, Toni Storm, Beth Phoenix, Michelle McCool, Naomi; Ripley, Storm, and Naomi were in the Rumble
- Final Four: Ripley, Belair, Charlotte, Alexa Bliss; it was Ripley, Belair, Charlotte, and Natalya
- Final Two: Bliss and Belair; it was Ripley and Belair
- Winner: Alexa Bliss; winner: Belair
Bianca Belair nows gets a title shot of her choosing. It’s likely going to be the Smackdown Women’s Title, and a possible historic matchup with Sasha Banks (the first title match between two Black women at WrestleMania).
Men’s Royal Rumble
- 1st Eliminated: Tucker
- Surprise Entrants: Adam Cole, Adam Pierce(!!), Jeff Jarrett, John Cena(!!), Seth Rollins; only Rollins showed up from this list
- ‘The Fiend’ Bray Wyatt “appears”, costing Orton in some way; did not happen
- Final Four: Strowman, Rollins, Lashley, Keith Lee; Final Four* was Strowman, Edge, Christian, and Rollins
*Orton hadn’t ‘officially’ been eliminated
- Final Two: Strowman and Lee; Final Two* were Edge and Rollins
- Winner: Braun Strowman; winner: Edge; Orton ran back in, after Edge eliminated Rollins, only to get eliminated by Edge
WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Drew McIntyre (C) vs. Goldberg
Predicted Winner: Goldberg
I am so glad I missed this one.
WWE Universal Championship: Roman Reigns (C) vs. Kevin Owens
Predicted Winner: Roman Reigns
This should eliminate Owens from title contention, although it took interference – YET AGAIN – for Reigns to win. Reigns now waits on Edge’s Title Match decision, while Owens may go after Jey Uso, Paul Heyman, or both.