It’s been a long time since I’ve made a late-night post, a mental “Night Walk”. But I woke up just before 1 AM, it’s 2 AM (at the start of this), and I can’t fall back asleep.
School is finished for the summer, the year, and probably for a few years. So… what’s next?
I have a few things I need to finish up, a whole lot of things I want to do in the short-term, and some long-term plans. Plans include, but are not limited to:
- Get my car back together and get my Driver’s License. I had a bad battery; I’ve bought a new one but didn’t have the correct tools to install it, so I need to make a stop at Autozone to get the tools. Once the battery is in, I need to start driving again (with a Chaperone, of course). I want to have a Driver’s License by July 1st. I am tired of catching the city bus to/from everywhere.
- Take a vacation or 2. I plan on taking 2-3 days off in June, just to play video games and/or read and/or catch up on some movies and TV series. However, I really want to take 1-2 weeks off and go out of town. It doesn’t have to be an elaborate trip; just somewhere where I can finally kick my feet up, see some cool sights (museums, parks, beaches or mountains, etc.), eat at a few good restaurants, and maybe catch a baseball game, depending on where I go. I’d love to travel with a group but it’s not a necessity.
- Hang out with friends. For well over 2 years, I really haven’t had fun with friends, other than the occasional D&D Night. I need to make a bigger effort to see if friends want to go to a bar (a little odd, since I don’t drink much), a movie, or have a house party.
- Explore Louisville more. There are a lot of places in the greater Louisville area that I’ve never been to, or have only been to/seen only once or twice: The Parklands, The African American Heritage Museum, the Iroquois Amphitheater, the Frazier Arms Museum, and Downs at Dark (night races at Churchill Downs), just to name a few. I need to shorten this list.
- Intimacy. I am not looking for a long-term relationship (at this time), to be honest. However, it has been years since I’ve had any form of a date (casual, serious, or anything in between), and nearly 10 years since anything remotely intimate or sexual has happened. Saying that “I would like to occasionally have (casual) sex again” likely gets me cast into the “f***boy” or “creepy” categories, which sucks. I’m also not the type to run to a club, just to see who I can hook up with (waaaay too shy for that!). So, this is a dilemma that I hope I can solve soon but don’t exactly see a way to do it. Some may say “just ask” but that feels… odd, to ask a female friend for casual sex. I don’t know. *shrugs*
- Start looking for a career. I made a promise to myself that my current job would be the last one I had that wasn’t career-related. I rewrote my resume this weekend; I applied to one job that seemed CIT-related. Over the next few days and weeks, I’m going to revamp my Linkedin and Indeed profiles, plus keep a closer eye on job links that Code Louisville sends out. If I can find something by August 1st, that would be wonderful. That would lead into….
- (Possibly) Purchasing my own House by the end of the year. I love this apartment, and the neighborhood it’s in, but I have felt the itch for a house growing since January. Getting a new job would help
There’s a lot more I could write. However, this is a ‘Night Walk’, which usually aren’t long. Plus, I finally feel myself getting sleepy. So, I’ll wrap it up by saying “good night”!