– So, there are only 2 1/2 weeks left in Year 1 of my return to college. It’s been arguably my most successful year of school at any level. I ended up with a 4.0, on 14 credits, in the Fall; right now, on 13 credits, I have a 3.67, with 2 classes sitting in “the Borderlands”. I finished my Productivity Software class early (with an A) and have a 93.5% in my Regional Geography class. The “Borderland” classes are my Introduction to Sociology and Computer Hardware and Software classes. I had a 90.3% in Sociology, going into this afternoon’s exam, with 2 assignments still needing grading; I have a 91.1% in my Computer class (92-100% is an A), with a lot of Labs left in the semester. I feel pretty decent about that Soc. exam; we’ll see how things play out the rest of the way. A potential 3.50+ GPA for this semester and 3.75+ GPA for the year, along with a recent invite to join the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, seem like good reasons for a rare, self-indulgent fist pump. 😉
– I have said it before on Facebook: I really need to move closer to the Center or East-Center of Louisville. I currently live in the Portland neighborhood, about as far Northwest as you can go before you end up in New Albany, IN. While the street I’m on is fairly quiet, I’m also extremely limited by the bus system. Buses to and from Portland, after 6:30 PM, run about every 70-90 minutes, and stop completely at 11:25 (weeknights) or earlier; living in Old Louisville, the Highlands, or even Clifton/Crescent Hill, there are routes that run more frequency or I can simply walk home from most locations (if living Downtown/Highlands/Old Louisville). Walking home to Portland isn’t always recommended at night. 😉
– With the ongoing Cyborg retoning-up program:
(-) 3 pounds since joining Planet Fitness about a week and a half ago
(-20) pounds since late July 2014
(+) muscle mass, since late December ’14 (mainly in the legs and arms); some of my shirts and shorts now fit funny lol
Still have work to do but it seems like the weight plateau that I’ve been stuck on for weeks is finally crumbling. Maybe I can bench press a
clown car smart car by end of spring?
– I am so excited about “The Avengers: Age of Ultron”! Unfortunately, I probably won’t be watching it that first weekend or week. Its release date – May 1st – happens to fall on (for me) Finals Week: From April 30th to May 6th. With finals, a paper, online labs, and a possible Oaks day event on 4/30, 5/1, 5/3, 5/4, and 5/6, Ultron and The Avengers will have to wait until at least the 8th. On a slightly related note: the release of X-Men: Apocalypse” isn’t getting here quick enough! I didn’t read comics growing up but I definitely watched the X-Men cartoon series on Fox in the early 1990’s. The Apocalypse stories and battles always stuck out – I don’t know if it was because of The Four Horsemen aspect or because Apocalypse was seemingly unstoppable but seeing them on the big screen is going to be awesome!!
– I wonder just how crazy this season of “Games of Thrones” will get? I missed the 1st episode but have been assured that it was pretty good; it was recorded for me.