Music: “… You” by DJ Food
- Well, the staycation ends on Sunday. While I didn’t travel much or load my plate with non-work or non-school items, it was still a needed and fun 8 days (9, counting Sunday)! Last weekend, a good chunk of it was sent with the family or watching my two favorite college sports teams (University of Louisville and Purdue University) play each other in football (UofL won 35-28). Monday was spent at the NHRA U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis, with my younger brother – an awesome experience! Tuesday and Wednesday were split between homework, napping, Netflix, and playing Skyrim (if you are reading this blog, then you probably saw the 3 below it, regarding a Skyrim mod). Thursday was my INR check; it came in at 3.6, just a hair on the high side. This is much better than the 4.1-4.5 that I’d been running since mid-July, or the 2.4 that I had in late June. Friday was homework and Saturday was my 1st trip to a drive-in movie theater; we saw “IT” (very good – lived up to the hype) and “Annabelle: Creations” (better than expected). Sunday’s plans are to catch up on HW, watch some NFL, record a “Podicus Wrecks” episode, and possibly go to a large book sale. I am looking forward to a few more days off this year, as I have a lot of personal holiday time and vacation time to burn, and the bosses are encouraging us to take it.
- I mentioned before that I was changing the diet and times that I eat, as well as trying to get more sleep. I have changed my latest “dinner” time to 12:30 AM, I very rarely eat when I get home from work (~7 AM), and I try to get at least 5 hours of sleep a
night afternoonmorning/afternoon. The biggest change I’ve noticed is alertness, esp. at work. I used to struggle to stay awake after 3 AM, usually eating raisins or some kind of fruit or snack for an energy boost. Now, other than a rare 10-20 minute span, I can go to 6:30 AM with very little drowsiness, and almost no snacks. If I can get a handle on the sleep, things would be golden!
- Writing about “Skyrim: The Forgotten City” has been tough, but much more fun than I thought it would be!
- I admit my fascination with Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Jose, and other crazy weather (it’s not like I’ve hidden it, however). I’ve spent quite a few hours watching The Weather Channel, reading reports, and looking at some of the pretty awesome hurricane-from-space pictures. I’ve always had a like for Science, so this hurricane coverage has been right up my alley.
- Week 3 of the semester is about to wrap up. Even with me missing a lot of Discussion Board posts this week, I think I am sitting in pretty decent shape. I have an ‘A’ in Database Admin. II, an ‘A’ in Systems Security, a ‘C’/’I’ in Telecommunications (an assignment needs to be graded), and an ‘A-‘/’I’ in Systems Development (some assignments are still ungraded). I think the schedule that I came up with a few weeks ago will work great, as long as I don’t get complacent.
- Now that I-65 South, through the heart of Louisville, is being resurfaced with a compound designed for better traction in rain, maybe we won’t have nearly 4 times our average nightly accident reports on rainy nights… especially when the remnants of Hurricane Irma hit the area on Wednesday or Thursday.
Time for some sleep!